PDA

View Full Version : Clip Player Codec

coverrn
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I am fairly new to the Chyron Clip Player. Does anyone know which compressor or codec type the Clip Player accepts? I have been saving files as MicroSoft DV AVI, with DV/NTSC compression but it the clip player gives me an error that I am using the wrong codec. What should I do? :eek:

Elizabeth
09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
If you have a Digiserver clip player which uses the DV codec, you need to select the unamed button next to browse in the clip control panel, and select "dv" there. Then try to play your clip.

If you have a Digisuite Clip player, you will need to have the matrox mjpeg codec, which you can download from out ftp site. ftp://ftp.chyron.com/pub/software/Lyric/MatroxDrivers/codecs.exe

coverrn
09-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks a lot!

coverrn
09-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Well, I installed the matrox codec drivers (on a pc) that you gave me but for some reason the matrox codec does not appear in After Effects or Adobe Premiere. Our administrator told me that it is probably because our pcs do not have matrox video cards. I don't think our school even has a pc that uses a matrox video card so do you know what can be done to solve the codec issue? Is there a converter program for converting non matrox avi files to matrox avi files? or something else?

Our studio is using Lyric 5.0 (Chyron), and the clip player is an SD one.

Elizabeth
09-27-2005, 05:35 PM
When you install the codecs.exe on the pc that you are using Aftereffects on, it will show up in the list of codecs to render out to. Here is the PDF that explains how to render it correctly depending on if you have a Matrox Digisuite LE clip player or a Matrox Digiserver clip player. Make sure you have Adobe Reader installed. You can download it for free at www.adobe.com (http://www.adobe.com)

coverrn
09-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, this helps but part of the problem is that when I double click on the zipped file it unzips on the c drive but apparently without going to the right folder for the drivers. I don't know how to get it to point to the correct location in order for matrox codecs to appear in the pull down menu.

Greg Lennon
09-29-2005, 11:41 PM
After you unzip it, there's an EXE file you have to run which will install them correctly.

coverrn
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
This works fine on my laptop but I had to have an administrator install them on the campus pc. Thanks very much.