ChyronHego Forums  

Go Back   ChyronHego Forums > Newsroom (MOS) Solutions > LUCI

LUCI NRCS Browser for CAMIO assets

Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Default Text Template Ordering in LUCI

Let's hope this gets some views, being the first post in this group...

I can't figure out why the order of the text fields shows up randomly in LUCI. With one template, it all shows up in order: 0,1,2,3,etc.

But if I use that same template to create a slightly different template, just to remove the effect in, the ordering in LUCI appears random: 2,3,0,1

I've checked all of the template settings in Lyric, and they're exactly the same. How in the world do I get LUCI to show the templates in the correct order? This could be very confusing to producers who would expect Line 1 to be first, Line 2 next, etc.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 PM

Hey molsonbc. You posted this back in 2012. I'm having that problem now. If you're still around, can you fill me in on how you solved this 3D Text Templates mixing up Text Template numbers in LUCI?
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM

The best solution that I've found is to create 2d text placeholders offscreen that producers see in LUCI, where they type their info. Then when the message is read, run a macro that copies that 2d text to a 3d text layer that has the II Update turned off. It's a bit of a hack workaround to the crappy software, but it works. I have tons of templates that use this method. Unfortunately, as soon as you turn on LUCI autofill on a field, it jumps to the top of the list in LUCI. I've yet to find a way around that!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Hi all,

Just a side note here, CAMIO 3.7 also introduced a new feature and a new version of the MOSXML plugin to eliminate a lot of these headaches, called the Template Manager. It was introduced in MOSXML plugin version 2.0.0.x and remains in subsequent versions.

It gives you the ability to re-order text templates of all varieties (2D, 3D, autofill) in any order you want them to show up in LUCI. You can also give image, movie and text fields different names in LUCI than they have in your Lyric message. (If you've ever used autofill you've seen how you sometimes get some less-than-intuitive template names like "Top Line-1.")

The Template Manager allows you to rename templates for the end user in LUCI without breaking the autofill functionality or any Conditional Transitions that are looking for those specifically-named template fields by name.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Ok, I give up. Where is the documentation for this, and where do I actually set the template orders up? I just checked, and we're on Camio 3.7.0.19, and I don't see a reference anywhere to MOSXML in either the camio admin, or in Lyric. This is one of those things that has been promised to me for years, but I've never seen any confirmation that it exists, nor documentation about it, until now.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Administrator

You need to have MOSXML version 2.0.x.x installed in Lyric to see the Template Manager button (2.0.1.6 is the most common, but any version above 2.0 has it). Your upgrade to CAMIO 3.7 should include this version, linked on the CAMIO admin pages under Installs. I believe the LUCI version needs to be at least 3.0.1.x as well.

It should be installed on both the CAMIO copy of Lyric and in the copy of Lyric you're building templates in.

I'm attaching a PDF that walks through it with screenshots, but here is a quick walkthrough as well.

When you have MOSXML 2.0.x.x in your "build" copy of Lyric, you'll see a "Template Manager" button when you bring up the "Save to Camio" popup. You would also see "LUCI Template Ordering" under the Tools menu - both mean the same thing.

Basically you build your template or recall an existing one to the canvas, then click on Save to Camio and the Template Manager button, or choose LUCI Template Ordering from the Tools menu.

You'll see a list of all of your text and image templates. You can double-click on one to change its name for LUCI. That extra bit of text you've always seen preceding field names in LUCI [this part: {0} 0 -] also goes away if you change any of these names, which is pretty nice. (You can even just add a space to the end of one name, which counts as changing it, and removes the number stuff from the beginning.)

You can drag and drop the text templates up and down the list to get them in the order you want them in LUCI. The same reordering and renaming can be done with replaceable images and videos.

One note that is NOT in the PDF: If you open or create a Lyric template then open the Template Manager and don't see any text or image templates listed at all, even though some exist in the Lyric template - close the manager popup, quickly re-save the message, then open the Template Manager again. If the message hasn't been saved at all, or has had some things done to it since the last recall or save, the Template Manager typically does not properly populate.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Template Manager.pdf (411.3 KB, 707 views)